MP4 | Video: h264, 1280×720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz
Language: English | Size: 830 MB | Duration: 1h 7m
Using Stories ad drawing with children for learning English
What you’ll learn
See what story time can look and sound like in an English language classroom with young learners..
Understand approaches and ideas for storytelling that you can use in the classroom that focus on speaking production and listening comprehension.
Analyse storytelling lesson planning and the stages of an example lesson plan.
Look beyond the storybook to plays, drama and own storytelling for spoken production development.
Explore drawing as an expressive tool for initiating storytelling
Some English teaching experience needed. You may also already have an initial TEFL or TESOL qualification.
Storytelling is powerful. With storytelling, we explore the many emotions and life situations a child is confronted with. For this reason, storytelling is an incredibly important part of a child’s social, emotional, and language development.
We look at approaches and ideas for storytelling that you can use in the TESOL young learners’ classroom. We consider criteria you can use to select appropriate picture books for storytelling as well as approaches, ideas and tips for using storytelling in your classroom.
Over the next few lessons, here’s what you can expect
1. Visit the classroom at storytime so we can see what storytime can look and sound like.
2. See how storybooks support language aurally and visually and establish what criteria you can use to select appropriate picture books for storytelling.
3. We’ll remind ourselves how children learn language and the stages of learning, from listening to speaking. Look at approaches and ideas for storytelling that you can use in the classroom that focus on speaking production and listening comprehension.
4. Discover some resources to help you with storytelling lesson planning and analyse the stages of an example lesson plan.
5. Plays and drama for spoken production development.
6. Ways to use drawing as a tool for storytelling and speaking.
So, are you ready? Let’s learn something new! ^^
Who this course is for
You may be teaching English to children already.